Site Address: Argos Regional Fulfilment Centre, Marlowe Way, Croydon, CR0 4XS
An Order Fulfilment Operative in Argos makes sure that customer’s orders are picked and packed effectively so that they arrive at store, or directly to the customer’s home, in a first-class condition. You will work together with your colleagues and leadership team to drive forward the exceptional performance of the Regional Fulfilment Centre and be proud to live the Argos values every single day.
You will be working in a brand new and well-established distribution centre which is medium in size and with narrow aisles. You will be order picking items for customers which are predominately light in weight but can range from anything from toys to televisions. The role is operated by a voice recognition system, and you will be trained to use a headset which will instruct you to pick items from numbered locations around the warehouse. (Please note that you will be required to complete other duties within the warehouse as and when instructed.)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Accurately scan products out of location using a Voice Order picking system.
- Check product being picked to avoid pick errors (Accountability and performance are measured by accuracy in filling orders)
- Notify a team leader of orders with discrepancies or problems prior to filling orders
- Place picked orders into boxes on your pallet truck. Tips and guidance on how to stack and wrap your pallets correctly will be shown during training.
- Pick rates are monitored hourly, and targets must be reached.
- Operate any material handling equipment safely and efficiently as required.
- Assists in maintaining the security and safety of the warehouse
- Other duties or responsibilities that may be assigned as the job requirements dictates
As part of our commitment to Argos, Siamo are required to provide a dedicated workforce that is both flexible and reliable. As a result it is extremely important that all staff maintain a good attendance record at all times. We do, however, appreciate that there may be times when you are unable to attend work. If this is the case you must report your absence to Siamo on 07909214056 at least 2 hours before your shift is due to start.
If you have 3 absences from work within a 3 month period Siamo may decide to terminate your assignment, which will result in you not being offered any further work at Argos.
There are designated smoking areas outside the canteen area. These are the only areas onsite where smoking is permitted. Smoking anywhere else whilst on Argos property is strictly prohibited.
Mobile phones are not to be used at ALL whilst inside the warehouse, Please keep your mobile phone in your locker or in your car at your own risk.
If you wish to book annual leave, you must fill in a holiday request form which can be obtained onsite and seek the approval from your manager. A minimum of 2 week’s notice is required, however please be aware that holiday requests are accepted on a first come, first served basis, and therefore during busy times and summer holidays, we may be unable to accept your request if the dates you request are already fully booked. As a result you must ensure you request has been accepted before making any arrangements (booking holidays, making appointments etc).PLEASE NOTE – No holidays are allowed to be taken during busy periods during November and December. Holidays run from January to December.